Make An Impact With Your Influence
an interview with Fab Giovanetti
- Tell us about your business – what’s your mission; your soul’s purpose and why you created your wellness business or service?
The Health Bloggers Community is a community of online content creators (including bloggers and influencers) who are there to support each other, learn how to share their message, how to create their own products and make a mark in the online world. We also support brands to share their message with our audience and our bloggers’ via campaigns and creative solutions.
- Tell us about your journey and your story….what got you to this point today?
A need that needed to be fulfilled – I wish it was more glamorous than that really! Talking to a friend over 3 years ago, she mentioned the lack of a community of writers and creators passionate about health. As someone who finds it easy to facilitate dialogue in a community environment the leap was quite straight forward.
- How are you changing the face of healthcare and/or the wellness industry? How do you create, innovate or break the rules in healthcare?
I would not really say healthcare, definitely more the wellness industry. We want to regulate, clarify and bring transparency to both health topics and collaborations between online creators and brands, as well as creating a safe space to discuss how to make a mark in the online crowd.
- What personal and professional legacy or impact do you want to leave on the world?
I want bloggers to feel confident they can work hard and see the results of their talent, as well as being empowered to question information given to them in order to be able to give the best advice and really promote and push a message and companies that are making a difference in the industry.
- In your opinion, what is the most significant factor in healing or overall wellness?
Taking care of yourself – despite not always embodying the whole ‘practice what you preach’. I find that when I am having at least a whole day off a week – as well as a couple of ‘self-care nights’ I am much more efficient and able to get creative juices on. Burnout and anxiety are now the norm, and I believe that only through self-awareness and gentleness we can make a difference in our own health.
- What do you wish people realized when it comes to their health or about the wellness industry?
That knowledge is essential in order to take our own health in our own hands.
- How long did it take you to reach important milestones in your wellness business?
And, what has really helped you move the needle in making your vision a reality?
I am still getting there, believe it or not. Every other day is a success – and disappointments or challenges are always around the corner. It’s about how quickly you pick yourself up. Surrounding myself with amazing people has definitely changed the way I am working on my business.
- Tell us about the start-up scares: Was there a moment where you ever seriously contemplated giving up?
There were plenty of moments – but again, I know the importance of community and I am the first one to tap into my own support network (and my partner, who is the absolute best) to make sure I am reminded of WHY I am doing what I am doing.
- Did you ever fail or make a substantial mistake in business or organization? Any serious challenges? How did you overcome and resolve it?
I think I mentioned this a few times already, but yes I do. The more you grow, the more responsibilities you have. That puts loads of pressure, and objectively I believe that transparency and allowing yourself time to check in with yourself are KEY to let go of the ‘failure’ feeling.
- What action has the most impact that you’ve taken to reach your goal/s?
Meditation is my daily jam. It reminds me that only here and now is important.
- What would you tell your younger/earlier self about following your dreams?
It may be a cliché, but if I told anything to myself at the time I probably would not be here today.
- What’s the best piece of business or personal advice YOU’VE ever received?
“If you had 1 million pounds in the bank, what would you spend your time doing?” Helps you cut out the fluff.
- What’s the #1 piece of advice you would give a new Wellness professional who really wants to make an impact in healthcare and people’s lives?
Drive for daylight, don’t look back. Learn from your mistakes and charge forward.
- What does a typical work day look like for you?
There is not really a typical work day – most days I start with a shower, meditation and a tarot reading. I then proceed to check through my focus for the day in my journal.
Most of the day can be spent discussing campaigns, catching up with the team or going on meetings about potential events and partnerships. We have an Academy, regular events, an influencer network, and a magazine to keep updated, so we make sure everything is always perfectly oiled.
I tend to train at least 4/5 days per week, and coach classes (I am also a coach & PT) at least twice a week. In the evenings I write the plan for the following day and proceed to get a face mask on or listen to some music (or an audiobook).
- Stevie Wonder or The Beatles?
Stevie Wonder on the dance floor, Beatles for Sunday mornings.
Fab is a mentor, influencer-specialist, author and founder of the Health Bloggers Community, we specialise in connecting online content creators with brands an companies, as well as creating a worldwide community that supports each other. We support online creators and bloggers via our Academy – and as a special offer for the Mindful Maverick readers, you can get 50% off access to the Library here.