The Evolution of Medicine
The Evolution of Medicine
James Maskell is on a mission to evolve healthcare worldwide, designing around the modern epidemics of lifestyle driven chronic disease. With a background in healthcare economics, James moved to America in 2005 and dove into the front lines of health creation. He is the founder of the “Functional Forum”, the world’s largest integrative medicine conference, with over 500 worldwide physician meetup groups. His best-selling book and organization of the same name “Evolution of Medicine” prepare physicians for the next era of personalized, participatory medicine. His latest venture, kNew Health, brings evolved medicine to the people directly by combining a best-in-class digital health record with an army of digital coaches and a worldwide network of functional medicine doctors. kNew Health started as a membership based consumer product but is now serving innovative payers from self-funded employers to sovereign nations. James has some mega words of wisdom when it comes to business and your mindset. Before this interview was even published, I passed it along to all my friends and clients needing some serious inspiration to kick them back into gear. My hunch is you’ll find yourself inspired too! Read on…. Oh, but don’t forget to head over to kNew Health to grab Jame’s free guide on the Top 10 Ways to Save Money on Healthcare.
- Tell us about your business – what’s your mission; your soul’s purpose and why you created your wellness business or service?
- Tell us about your journey and your story….what got you to this point today?
- How are you changing the face of healthcare and/or the wellness industry? How do you create, innovate or break the rules in healthcare?
- What personal and professional legacy or impact do you want to leave on the world?
- In your opinion, what is the most significant factor in healing or overall wellness?
- What do you wish people realized when it comes to their health or about the wellness industry?
- How long did it take you to reach important milestones in your wellness business? And, what has really helped you move the needle in making your vision a reality?
- Tell us about the start-up scares: Was there a moment where you ever seriously contemplated giving up?
- Did you ever fail or make a substantial mistake in business or organization? Any serious challenges? How did you overcome and resolve it?
- What action has the most impact that you’ve taken to reach your goal/s?
- What would you tell your younger/earlier self about following your dreams?
- What’s the best piece of business or personal advice YOU’VE ever received?
- What’s the #1 piece of advice you would give a new Wellness professional who really wants to make an impact in healthcare and people’s lives?
- What does a typical work day look like for you?
- Stevie Wonder or The Beatles? (this, I personally must know.) 🙂